Essential requirements in formatting information
CBRN information is managed with the use of specialized executive systems. Each country has its own information management system. In Poland, such a system is the National System for Contamination Detection and Alarm (NSCDA), which is managed by the Centre for Analysis of Contamination (CBRN warning and reporting centre). What is important, all NATO countries apply uniform procedures for managing CBRN information. It ensures the interoperability of the entire system. Detailed regulations in this regard are gathered in doctrinal documents and instructions. In practice, the CBRN information management system works with the use of manual techniques, which are replaced by IT programs. Strict CBRN message preparation, processing and imaging procedures also apply to augmentation programs. In short, it is done according to ADatP-3, i.e. all messages are formatted according to a specific template.
Information processing in IT systems requires at least the following conditions:
1. Messages from the observation of CBRN events must be formatted according to the CBRN 1 CHEM template.
2. Generalized messages, corrected, supplemented – are formatted according to the CBRN 2 CHEM template.
3. On the basis of CBRN 2 CHEM and weather conditions, a forecast is prepared, which is included in the CBRN 3 CHEM message, for immediate transmission to units located in the anticipated hazardous zone.
4. Data from measurements, most often mobile (patrol), are transmitted in the form of CBRN 4 CHEM messages.
5. The actual contamination zones communicated, developed on the basis of CBRN 1, 2, 4 CHEM, are formed in the form of CBRN 5.
6. On-demand measurements are performed in the form of CBRN 6 CHEM.
All these operations are performed using information programs, in Poland it is “SI Promień”.